I've come to accept that no one in this world right now could properly understand me. No, not even my family. Wait, what's that? Teens always think that way? Hm...what if I said that it's my fault? That I don't talk to them enough; and talk, as in, really talk.
Honestly, I don't think I'm that difficult to understand. There's a root somewhere in my personality and if you manage to grab it, you get all of me. But no one has managed to find it yet. Sometimes I think that this is more of an advantage. No one will ever be able to predict what I'll do next. I can attack my enemies unaware. So what if it's a lil lonely and the people I care about will misunderstand me for as long I'm remembered? I just need to understand them and avoid hurting them and everything's ok right?
But humans are selfish creatures. Squashed under the many thoughts I have, there's a yearning for some understanding. Every time I meet someone, or rather, hope that someone I know has finally managed to find that root, I'm constantly disappointed. They found hardened dirt instead, or dead leaves and twigs.
I'm not saying that these people I met aren't nice to me. They're so nice that I feel I should die for every mean thing I ever did to them. But if I did, they might be saddened or hurt (though some would be overjoyed). So I've decided to stay as I am, trying to understand them as they try to understand me; even if they never really will get it, at least they try.
Geez, I hate seeing my pictures which are taken by unskilled and inconsiderate photographers. Or maybe I just hate seeing any pictures of myself. Sometimes I think that I can stop hating them if I just take a good look. Observe the harmony of emotions of the people in it and myself. It's a material memory of a moment.
After staring at a picture in whole and everyone else's faces for a while, my eyes will eventually fall onto myself. Then I'll think: "Hm...that's not how I felt that time." Then, "Hey, don't you think I'm the only black sheep/odd ugly duckling there?"
Somehow, the pictures I'm in never did show the moment in the way I remembered it. I didn't feel like the odd one out in those moments. And believe me when I say I hardly ever see my memories through my eyes, but rather I see them as if I was an audience/passerby/third party. And they are NOT like those pictures.
Of course, since I'm one of those few unfortunate Asian teen girls with many, and I mean many, zits on their moon faces, I do feel ugly whenever I see myself in a picture (or a reflection in mirrors generally). So people say teens will usually get them. Oh yes, I did see some (few actually) teens looking just as bad as me or even worse than me but...heck, my friends don't. My classmates don't either, well, except for this 1 guy and another guy that didn't have it as bad sitting at the back of the class...I think. Everyone else has relatively smooth skin. Especially the girls, and the girls in the next class too and the next and the next. Did I mention that I'm also shorter than most of them?
Ahh...damnit I hate their skin and height whenever I think about it. Well, maybe I don't really hate them that way but whenever I stare closely at them I can't help saying "damnit."
There's a friend of mine who said her sister had the same problem in her adolescence. I saw her picture and I have to say, she's a babe now.
You know...I should stop feeling so bad about my looks. It's not like I have a bad figure, and the upper part of my face is pretty good. I'll just wait till these zits and babyfat that cling to my skin like koalas die out. Then I'll take pictures of myself and brag. That'll make up for the ugly duckling years.
Great. I had just composed another low quality, crappy, uninformative post.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment