Hey. The comments have stopped. How...normal. Like how its been ever since I started a blog.
So.
I read Step by wicked step by Anna Fine yesterday (till 5am since I had insomnia). Like people said, it's pretty good. If you compare it to all the other lame English lit. novels we've been forced to eat for the past four years. It started off very cheesy, and you can skip the first chapter if you're lazy. You can hear what's it about from your friends (unless you don't have any). The first story was Richard's. I read the whole thing in my head with a British accent and gave him a squeaky English boy's voice (dunno why). Good enough to not bore you I guess (human: admit it, hypocrite, it was quite touching; in a sad way). Claudia's story wasn't half bad, though the only thing I remembered about it was the last few few pages (no spoilers here). Colin's probably my favorite, maybe it's because I can understand his feelings pretty well since I've seen characters like him quite often in the mangas/animes. Ralph's was quirky. It was like a comic relief after all the gloomy clouds from the last 3 stories. Pixie's...well, it's a story about a jealous, selfish brat who has many repressed feelings. Family drama. You can guess how it ends. I thought Robbo's background would be more...rough. Considering how he turned out. His stepfather has a long beard and for some reason I tend to forget picturing it as I was reading. Also, I've a feeling Robbo's sweet, adorable (and a lil irritating) baby brother's gonna get teased throughout his school years. Why? "Dumpa's the problem" You'll get it when you read it. Not a bad story at all.
Overall, I felt like I was reading Chicken Soup for the Preteen's Soul (since I assume the characters are 12 or around there). Only Chicken Soup was better.
I've finally finished Togainu no Chi (for now). Uwah...the hot guys. I'm still not bored of the op.
And I've started Tegami Bachi REVERSE. It's as touching as it always is and sticks close to the manga plot (now I don't have to read so many chapters). At first, I was worried the plot was gonna drag Gauche Suede's amnesia for a long time (it's always annoying when it happens). Thankfully, wiki said otherwise. Btw, I only found out today that the mangaka's a man. I'm a bit surprised actually (human: you almost never read names of the mangakas of the mangas you read, that's why).
Am I imagining it or is it really happening? You know, all I've been doing these past few days besides the usual life processes is sleeping and sitting. ALOT. But strangely, I'm not getting fatter, I'm getting thinner. Oh yeah, I snack on various things. And I thought this only happens during exams.
Oh yes. Envy me.
Silver is my new favorite element. It helps the healing process. Check out wiki to know more.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment