Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Doesn't know

I admit I'm not the easiest person to understand. I daresay I'm one of the hardest actually.
But what I can't understand is...how can a person who I talk to so frequently, feel so attached to, adore so much, doesn't get me at all. I spent most of my time with her, so I thought she knew me, especially since we have quite a lot in common. But it turns out, it's as if we've been friends for only a few weeks rather than 1 & 3/4 of years. I don't get it, just how?? People can misunderstand much of what I say, and I usually give up trying to explain it to them once it happens (I'm horrible at explaining). That's a fact I've come to terms with; although it doesn't leave me satisfied. But what I'm really confused about is her trust. I trust her so much. She's really one of the nicest people I've ever met. But sometimes, she doubts how much she trusts me. It's never wrong to be careful with somebody or something but...her doubt is the sort of doubt you give to a person you just met recently or a friendly stranger. Guess what? I'm not a new friend or a stranger! By right, after being friends for so long she should at least get a rough idea of my perangai. If she knew that, she'd know I’m not the sort of person to betray her.


"Knowing someone" isn't about knowing what kind of ice-cream she/he like, what soccer team she/he supports or her/his favorite color. It's knowing how the person acts, her/his personality, and to a certain degree of how she/he would think, how she/he would feel about something, "how she/him is like". If you know that then you can also roughly guess her/his favorite color or ice-cream. Something like this doesn't have to be put into words. How much you know someone can and usually is abstract. It looks like the friend I'm talking about doesn't know me so well. But do I know the friend I'm talking about? Yes, I think I know her, even just roughly. I may not know her history, but I know what kind of person she is like.


It feels as if the people who I'm not so close to, understand me better than the people who I'm closely attached to. This post isn't entirely just to vent my confusion to you all, but also to give you something to think about: how much do your friends know you?



Why do I feel like I posted something like this before?


No comments:

Post a Comment