Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Five coins

If I had five coins,
I'd give the gold one to someone,
But not to you.
If I had four coins,
I'd give the silver one to somebody,
But none to you.
If I had three coins,
I'd give the bronze one to them,
But nothing to you.
If I had two coins,
I'd give the tin one to him or her,
But I won't give you.
If I had only one coin,
I would spend it away,
Forget entirely about it;
Because that's how you buy friends,
And I will not buy you.

The poem is basically about how a true friend cannot be bought by material. How a person refuse to bribe another person into being his friend. Cuz if you do so, then that friendship only relies on the "money" you give, and when the "money" is gone, there is no more friendship.
I know April is finding an old song nice there (Eternal Flame) and coincidently, me too. "Carry On My Wayward Son" by Kansas...if you watched Supernatural before, you'll recognize that song. I like the chorus the best. -sigh- Gotta get back to revising soon, I'm so behind schedule and I got tons of things to polish. Read that? TONS! O.o after a while, the word 'tons' looks odd...

No comments:

Post a Comment