Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Stocking up on books

I think my sleeping time has been reset. Duh, I sleep like, 4am nearly everyday (no surprise here). So I don't feel sleepy right now...what to do...oh wait--shit! My plants in Facebook!!

Ok, I'm waiting for the game load now. Oh well, that's 1 advantage to having your sleep time reset. But that's not the point of this post. What I really want to say here is:


GET A LIFE!!


To everyone who's in the same situation as me. And that's a lot of people. Not living the remains of the valuable days of their freedom properly. JYI, we'll be dumped into a much more harsher journey next year, no joke. That time, ya'll will regret that you didn't cherish these moments of joy nicely.
"But next year's still far away..."
Heck, we've only half of our holidays left! That's a very limited and short amount of time. You people better start using your free time more wisely right now! Go out and play! It's that simple! And yet, you all are still sitting here...wasting away on some idiot box or something...To conclude: Your time is disappearing, do you get it??? We cannot get back used time!!
(human: does tis hav smthg 2 do wit the 2012 thing?)

Hey, I'm yelling at myself here too.

In PMR (I said the dreaded word) , I was planning on what to do in the free time I'll have after it. Now, I've forgotten half the list. Though I do remember the significant ones:

1. Learn the guitar
2. Deepen knowledge of photoimpact
3. Finish one story at least
4. Draw more
5. Exercise more (you know you went up a few pounds)
6. Photograph more
7. Go out with friends more
8. Read/watch manga/anime
9. Level up in DOMO
10. Solve a crime/mystery (human: wanna b Sherlock Holmes isit?)
So far only number 8 is covered. Spent a nice large chunk of life on it too. I'm keeping up with roughly 20 mangas and 3 animes right now (and still increasing!). My excuses for the others?

No. 1 My 40 yr old guitar's off tuned.
No. 2 No one to teach me more functions of photoimpact
No. 3 Too hard to force the stream of articulate words onto paper to finish a story.
No. 4 Don't have the guts to draw something for the fear it might turn out bad
No. 5 Too lazy. No chance to go to park. Forget. Overslept.
No. 6 No chance. No target. No aim. No inspiration. No interest.
No. 7 Unspoken unfortunate events
No. 9 Too lazy. Forget.
No. 10 Nothing for me to solve
So this is why I've no life...

To add more lifeless activities, I bought 3 books today at Pesta Buku. They're in the same saga. Bought three because they were cheap and I never read the story before. I was in dilemma whether to buy Bec by Darren Shan (using alternative cover here. Real cover too horrific for this blog):


Or Drowned Wednesday by Garth Nix:



But I obviously went for the second one. I saw many copies of Sir Thursday at different prices there. Lady Friday was available too. If I had the money I would've bought the whole series. But I didn't, sadly.
Initially, I went there in search for the Warriors series by Erin Hunter, to get Queste from the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage and catch up with Chronicles of Ancient Darkness by Michelle Paver. But they weren't there. Well, except Outcast, but I'm too far behind to read it:



Why is Outcast so easily found? I went to other book sales and I will almost always see it! Is it the pretty cover? I also wanted Vampirates: Black Heart by Justin Somper but I guess I put my hopes up too high. To get a discount for recent books is unlikely. To find them in these kind of sales is even more unlikely.
Other than storybooks, I looked for mangas there too. I think that was my topmost priority, unconsciously. Proves how much I turned into a manga worm.
Frankly, why do I even bother telling you about my book/manga searching experiences? Especially when most of you don't even read the kind of books I read. I'm in a mood for shounen genre stuff right now.
Just so you know, there's a warehouse sale by Popular on 20th Nov. Wanna go there? I know I will...

No comments:

Post a Comment