Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Beached again

I got my first pair of sunglasses. Its quite satisfying. It even has a bit of magnifying effect...is that a good thing? Or are my eyes just beginning to go bad? Anyway....today I went to Bagan Lalang/Gold Coast with my family. We actually intend to eat at Restaurant Olio but it was closed. Labour Day stretch maybe.
The Bagan Lalang/Gold Coast is a developing beach. Soon it'll be very modern...in a Hawaii way. I wonder why...if its to attract tourists...I'm telling you that if they come to Malaysia they would want to see Malaysian culture. So why make it so...Bali/Hawaii-esque? We wanted to try a restaurant at the more developed part of the place but it was closed also...or at least..."not yet set up," said the waiter there. So
We went to the East side of the beach and ate in a Malay restarant ("Art Catering", wah eng name to attract org putih) near a Fish Shop (that my parents and gran would buy fish from if they go to that beach and they did so too today). The food...was surprisingly very tasty. But since its not a high end restaurant and its facing the sea...you'll have to battle with flies to eat. The ikan bakar (red snapper) was really good. They didn't shed the scales so it tasted 'natural' and original. The Tom Yam was appetizing darn right. The Lala (the shellfish T_T) and the bamboo lala is nice with the spicy (spicy; not hot) sweet-sour (but its not) kinda sauce. And I got lucky and got the young coconut which was totally cooling (with ice). And all this food for...40+ rm only. So cheap. Order so much yet still soo affordable.
Wanna hear what's even cheaper? I went to Daiso yesterday. Everything RM 5. That's where I bought the sunglasses and the 5 toed socks. Probably only 1/3 of the things there are really Japan made. Otherwise its from China to Japan to Malaysia. My socks and the sunglasses are also from China. I really don't think it should even cost RM 5 (except the socks). Well...there were many fancy stuff. Great place to buy gifts. Yes...when I get this idea, you can guess that the Bday presents I give you from now onwards are RM 5. If I give diamond, then it cost RM 5 also.

No comments:

Post a Comment